Call for Workshops and Presentation Posters
The theme of the 2018 Canadian Forum on Public Education (July 9-10, 2018) in Edmonton will be “Safe and Caring Schools”. Wishing to engage Member organizations in the Forum, the CTF is making a call for workshops and presentation posters.
Safe and Caring Schools
The theme will encompass these subthemes:
- Safety (both physical and psychological)
- Solutions for Safe and Caring Schools
Call for Workshops
- Workshops must relate to the Forum theme.
- Workshops are 90 minutes in length.
- Facilitation should engage participants and allow time for Q & A.
- Presenters selected will receive free Forum registration.
Call for Presentation Posters
This is an opportunity to share a great initiative of yours or of a local partner that addresses safe and caring schools. For example, your poster could highlight a study, a special project, or a campaign.
- Posters will be displayed July 10, during the morning break (45 minutes).
- Posters must relate to the Forum theme.
- Someone from your organization must be available to stand by the poster to answer questions.
- Costs associated with producing and transporting the poster are the responsibility of the submitting organization.
- Posters must not exceed 24 by 36 in.
- You may also bring a laptop to show an online resource (for example a video).
Process and Deadline
- Fill in the form and email by Friday, January 26, 2018, to Susan Dallin O’Grady at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Member organizations whose submissions have been selected will be informed by February 9, 2018.