The Canadian Teachers’ Federation (CTF) is seeking an educational leader to join its team in the pivotal role of Deputy Secretary General. Collaborating with and reporting to the CTF Secretary General, the Deputy Secretary General is a key member of the CTF leadership team.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced teacher and educational leader who is:
- a strong advocate for high-quality publicly-funded public education;
- an experienced and collaborative leader who has administered programs successfully and supervised staff in effective, respectful, and inspiring ways;
- very familiar with teacher organizations across Canada and abroad;
- experienced in human resources; strategic planning; program development and implementation;
- able to respond to the direction of the CTF Executive Committee and Board of Directors as well as the needs of CTF Member organizations, while also working with partner organizations and government representatives;
- an outstanding communicator;
- dedicated to social justice and equality;
- a resourceful, creative and strategic thinker, able to make sound decisions under pressure;
- highly organized;
- eager to be part of the CTF leadership team.
Additional consideration may be given to candidates who are bilingual (English/French) and/or possess a relevant Master’s degree.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- regular collaboration with the Secretary General regarding the overall direction, coordination, staffing, monitoring and reporting of the CTF and its initiatives;
- the provision of excellent advice and guidance to the Secretary General and, as called upon, to the President, the Executive Committee, and the Board of Directors or Committees of the Board on policy formulation, internal operations and procedures, programs and services, and any matters requiring the attention or action of those concerned;
- the supervision and administration of one or more CTF Program/Service areas; management of various CTF projects and initiatives; budgets; human resources; the CTF Employees’ Pension Plan; and other duties as assigned by the General Secretary.
The position is on a personal service contract that comes with a competitive salary and a full range of benefits. Duties begin September 1, 2016, and include a transition period with the incumbent (who is retiring in December 2016).
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, résumé along with the names and contact detail of two references to CTF Secretary General Cassandra Hallett DaSilva electronically via Kelli-Ann McDonald, Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be received no later than noon on Friday, April 15, 2016.
PDF Version (PDF - 304 KB)