Perspectives on Quality in Education
July 9-10, 2012
Marriott Harbourfront Hotel - Halifax, Nova Scotia
What does “quality” mean in the context of education?
To what extent does “perspective” inform the answer to the question?
Join us in this two-day dialogue as we examine the meaning of quality in education from a broader perspective.
Add your voice to those of educators, parents and learners as we share our knowledge and views about the many dimensions that contribute to educational quality.
- Paul Taillefer, President, Canadian Teachers’ Federation
- Ron Canuel, Executive Director, CEA (with Christa Freiler and Steve Hurley)
- Kenneth Deveau, Université Ste. Anne
- Morley Googoo, Regional Chief, Assembly of First Nations
- Ed Hancock, Executive Director, NLTA
- Annie Kidder, Executive Director, People for Education
- Andrew Parkin, General Director, CMEC
- Anne-Marie Scullion, Vice President, Communications, Research, Field Activities, Pearson Canada
- Tania Sterling, Research and Communications Manager for Digital Learning, Pearson Canada
- Charles Ungerleider, Director of Research, Directions Evidence and Policy Research Group
- Joel Westheimer, University of Ottawa