July 8-9, 2013
Marriott Hotel - Ottawa, Ontario
The CTF President’s Forum explored challenging issues in First Nations, Métis, and Inuit education in Canada. Participants:
- Heard perspectives of First Nations, Métis, and Inuit Canadians, Government, students, teachers and, to the extent you speak up, you.
- Joined attendees from many parts of society both inside and outside the educational community including Bands, schools, school boards, Federal and Provincial/Territorial Ministries, agencies and organizations.
- Asked questions and participate in discussions.
- Helped CTF shape its work assisting in the improvement of First Nations, Métis, and Inuit education on and off Reserve.
Participants also interacted with:
- Key leaders from First Nations, Métis, and Inuit organizations including: Assembly of First Nations, Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami, Idle No More
- Key leaders from educational organizations including: CTF, Provincial/Territorial teacher organizations, Ministries of Education, School Boards, Parent Groups
- Key leaders from Government including Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
Build your knowledge; build your network; build your influence!