Are you ready for something more in your professional life?
Are you looking for a larger, more global view of education?
As a teacher, do you feel you have more to offer, and more to learn?
If yes, Project Overseas (PO) might be for you!
Here is some material for PO 2020, which includes the brochure, information for applicants, the FAQ and application form.
- The information for applicants
- The FAQ
- The application form (generic)
The CTF/FCE is seeking English and French-speaking Canadian teachers at the elementary and secondary levels who are interested in volunteering their time and talents to offer professional development in-service programs in partnership with teacher organizations in developing countries. Each year, over 50 Canadian teachers are chosen to volunteer on CTF/FCE’s PO in countries throughout Africa and the Caribbean. Teams of Canadian teachers are formed in January and in-service projects take place in July.
All candidates must:
- be a Canadian citizen;
- hold a Canadian passport valid until at least July 2021, at the time of application (proof that a passport application has been made will be accepted);
- be a member of a provincial or territorial teacher organization that supports PO;
- hold a valid teaching certificate;
- have completed at least five years of teaching in Canada by July 2020;
- be in excellent health and be able to work in developing country conditions;
- have high standards of professionalism and personal conduct;
- show evidence of flexibility and mature judgment;
- be willing to put the team and project needs above personal needs.
PO is a volunteer experience. Administrative, travel, and living expenses are covered by the CTF/FCE and its member organizations. No salaries or honoraria are paid to PO participants. No family or friends are permitted to accompany the PO participants during pre-departure orientation or overseas programs.
For an application form and additional information on deadlines and requirements, please see your provincial or territorial teacher organization website.