Halifax… On the last day of the 92nd Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Canadian Teachers’ Federation (CTF), delegates elected Dianne Woloschuk, a past president of the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation, who will assume the presidency a year from now.
Dianne Woloschuk has over 30 years of teaching experience in Saskatchewan’s rural and urban school systems. The fluently bilingual president-designate obtained her Master’s Degree in Education from the University of Saskatchewan in 2004. Dianne has served five years on the CTF Board of Directors and three as Vice-President on the federation’s Executive Committee.
Here’s the CTF Executive Committee for 2012-2013:
- Paul Taillefer, President
- Dianne Woloschuk, President-designate
- Lily B. Cole, Vice-President (Newfoundland and Labrador Teachers’ Association)
- Mark Ramsankar, Vice-President (The Alberta Teachers’ Association)
- James Ryan, Vice-President (The Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association)
- Brent Shaw, Vice-President (New Brunswick Teachers’ Association)
- Calvin Fraser, Secretary General
An alliance of 15 Member organizations and one Affiliate Member representing nearly 200,000 teachers across the country, the Canadian Teachers’ Federation (CTF) is a member of the international body of teachers, Education International (EI).
Follow CTF on Twitter @CTFPresident, @CanTeachersFed, @EnseigneCanada.
Paul Taillefer, CTF President, 613-688-4300 or 613-899-4209 (cell)
Francine Filion, CTF Director of Communications, 613-688-4314 or 613-899-4247 (cell)