OTTAWA – On the occasion of the 7th quadrennial World Congress of Education International (EI), the President and General Secretary of the 30-million member global union will hold a news conference in Ottawa Sunday morning to highlight the key resolutions and areas of concern for educators around the world.
The Congress, whose theme is “Unite for Quality Education”, is being held for first time in Canada. Approximately 2,000 delegates, observers and guests are expected from around the world.
Details of the news conference
When: 11 a.m., Sunday, July 19th
Where: Room 210 at the Shaw Centre, 55 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa
Susan HOPGOOD, EI President
Fred VAN LEEUWEN, EI General Secretary
The leadership of the following Canadian EI Affiliate Members will also be available to media after the news conference:
- Canadian Association of University Teachers (CAUT)
- Centrale des syndicats du Québec (CSQ)
- Canadian Teachers’ Federation (CTF)
- Fédération du personnel professionnel des universités et de la recherche (FPPU)
- Fédération nationale des enseignantes et des enseignants du Québec – Confédération des syndicats nationaux (FNEEQ-CSN)
- Fédération québécoise des professeures et professeurs d’université (FQPPU)
Simultaneous interpretation will be provided as well as a light lunch after the news conference. Media can obtain their credentials and media kit onsite at the Congress.
EI Congress Web site: www.ei-ie.org/congress7/
Timo Linsenmaier (Senior Communications Coordinator, EI), +32 473 52 47 30
Andrew King (Media and Communications Coordinator, EI), +32 473 54 63 62
Francine Filion (CTF), +1 613–688-4314
Valérie Dufour (CAUT), + 1 613–293-1810
Christine Marceau (CSQ), +1 514–235-5082
France Désaulniers (FNEEQ-CSN), +1 514–219-2947
Hans-Olivier Poirier Grenier (FQPPU), +1 514–755-5858
Claude Fortin (FPPU), +1 819–649-1822