Teachers learn best from other teachers.
Since 1962, Canadian teachers have collaborated with colleagues in developing countries through the CTF/FCE’s Project Overseas (PO) to improve teaching and learning, and to promote equitable, high quality, publicly funded education for all.
PO is a joint endeavour of the CTF/FCE, its provincial and territorial Member Organizations, and partner organizations in developing countries to co-plan and co-deliver professional development workshops for local teachers.
Interested in participating as a Canadian team member?
Projects take place during the month of July. In order to be considered, candidates must apply through their provincial or territorial teachers’ organization and meet the following basic criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen
- Hold a valid Canadian passport
- Be a member of a provincial or territorial CTF/FCE Member Organization
- Hold a valid teacher’s certificate
- Have completed at least five years of teaching in Canada
- Be in excellent health and able to work in developing country conditions
- Show evidence of flexibility, mature judgement
- Be willing to put the team and project needs above personal needs
How to apply
If you are interested in participating in PO, please submit an application through your provincial or territorial Member Organization.
Due dates for applications are set by the Member Organizations, and vary between late October and early December.
Questions and contact
Have questions? Review the frequently asked questions or contact your Member Organization.
Participating partner organizations for PO 2020
- Belize : Belize National Teachers’ Union
- Benin : Syndicat National de l’Enseignement Primaire Public du Bénin and Syndicat National des Enseignants des Écoles Maternelles du Bénin
- Burkina Faso : Syndicat National des Enseignants du Secondaire et du Supérieur et Syndicat National des Enseignants Africains du Burkina
- Dominica : Dominica Association of Teachers
- Gambia : Gambia Teachers’ Union
- Ghana : Ghana National Association of Teachers
- Grenada : Grenada Union of Teachers
- Guyana : Guyana Teachers’ Union
- Montserrat : Montserrat Union of Teachers
- Saint Lucia : St. Lucia Teachers’ Union
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines : St. Vincent and the Grenadines Teachers’ Union
- Sierra Leone : Sierra Leone Teachers’ Union
- Togo : Fédération des Syndicats de l’Éducation Nationale
- Uganda : Uganda National Teachers’ Union